Recent college grad-Looking for 1st big break in MARKETING WORLD! (san jose south)
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: 2008-02-26, 10:09PM PST
I graduated from San Jose State University with a degree in marketing and although a recent graduate, I am not a typical new graduate. I attended school in New Orleans, Louisiana where I played Division I basketball for two years and then transferred to San Jose State University. With this experience came the opportunity to learn how to successfully work well in a team, prioritize, time manage, problem solve, be a leader and role model and work productively under hard and stressful situations.
Having received numerous compliments during my time at Digidesign in regards to my high motivation, leadership, flexibility, problem solving skills, and initiative, as well as from my superiors about my outstanding contributions to the corporation, I feel that I would complement your team. Simply put, I am a hard worker and will go out of my way to make sure I am doing and giving 110% of who I am and what I represent.
To develop my career as a marketing assistant where superb communication skills and organization can help increase sales.
Skilled in working effectively with teams or independently; Excellent organizational skill and attention to detail; Comfortable in fast-paced, changing environments; Strong individual thinking and listening along with the ability to analyze data and make decisions; Strong verbal and written communication skills; Proficient in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Office 2007, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
San Jose State University December 2006
B.S. Degree in Business Administration-Marketing
California Accident and Health and Life-Only (License Number: 0F95405)
Citibank North America – San Jose, CA November 2007 to Present
• Execute integrated sales, relationship, and credit strategies that are aligned with the Financial Center business plan to achieve desired revenue and service hurdles
• Interface with Commercial Business, Insurance, and Investment partners to ensure ongoing communication with regard to existing and future customer needs
• Analyze trends in both local/niche market and customer profiles to identify potential sales opportunities.
• Achieve personal production goals by expanding existing relationships and acquiring new business, utilizing effective calling techniques and leveraging bank products and services
• Drive efforts in the Financial Center to identify and implement service behaviors that improve the overall customer experience
• Establish and maintain key relationships and business contacts within the community and targeted industry segments to create opportunities for growth
Digidesign – Menlo Park, CA June 2006 to December 2006
• Managed responsibilities in numerous areas of the supply chain function
• Implemented the results of the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Project
• Obtained 97.3% of certificates within one month time period
• Interacted and assisted numerous global suppliers on a daily basis
• Worked daily in SAP database
Forbes Mill Steakhouse – Los Gatos, CA February 2004 to June 2006
• Supervised the front desk hostesses and managed the back office
• Managed “Open Table” Customer Database System
• Ordered supplies, maintained the financial books, and assisted in the coordination of banquets
• Interacted with customers on a daily basis at the corporate and individual level
• Oversaw and managed the opening of a second restaurant
• Adapted to a fast-paced environment where quick thinking was a must
Digital Networks North America – Santa Clara, CA December 2003 to June 2004
University of New Orleans Women’s NCAA Div. I Basketball Team July 2001 to May 2003
Basketball Team Member
Integrated Marketing Communications Project October 2005
Responsible for surveying Bursars Office (“Self View”) and over 2,000 students and faculty (“Market View”) at San Jose State on their opinions of the Bursars Office on campus. Developed an action plan outlining suggestions for improving the facilities, customer service and overall function of the Bursars Office. Successfully presented findings and recommendations to a group of 50 peers, faculty, and Bursar Office employees (“Action Plan”).
Available upon request
- it's ok to contact this poster if you are a potential employer or other principal
- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests