"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- NBW said @Charles E Flynn: Thank you!
- CradleRevert said Maybe I’m one of the few, but I actually rea...
- jameeka said I like the music at the end.
- q7swallows said Winged Victory ~ so utterly beautiful, so full of...
- MrsMacD said Well done Mr. Voris. You have earned my respect....
- jhayes said Fr Hunwicke has come up with the idea that before...
- ofHippo said The whole thing is very sad. But we still have the...
- Mike said I don’t know if Voris is implicitly referrin...
- lsclerkin said The Nike of Samothrace. Sigh.. :)
- Norah said I am certain that doctrines of the Church are not...
- robtbrown said Imrahil, Maybe you’ve made it too complica...
- robtbrown said Traductora, There is no need for new Council or...
- Imrahil said Dear Dave N. When you disagree with the Pope, go o...
- Marc M said Lol. This is great. Looks like I’m a membe...
- Grateful to be Catholic said @ Fr. Sotelo, Fr. Fitzpatrick did not say that bis...
- Makemeaspark said PeterK It’s a joke son… Also, Listen t...
- Charles E Flynn said Search at Amazon.com for: ISBN 0195014324 One of t...
- Daniel W said Dear Grumpy, My problem is not with Dr Peters̵...
- NBW said @Suburbanbanshee: Thanks very much! Will check it...
- Edelwald said I am rather put out by this Vortex and I now think...
- Dave N. said I was a bit surprised to see Michael Voris employ...
- bmadamsberry said I think some of the difficulty for many of us in u...
- Grateful to be Catholic said The entire history of the Church is one of defense...
- He threw Cardinal Burke under the bus a few weeks... said
- St. Rafael said The cure is more damaging than the disease? The cu...
- Someone please be the Garrigue said I have the pleasure of seeing these little christo...
- Dialogos said First, for whatever reason, Mr. Voris rubs me the...
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?
Should the US Bishops have us return to obligatory "meatless Fridays" during the whole year and not just during Lent?
- Yes, and I think this is very important. (73%, 25,855 Votes)
- Yes, I guess so. (10%, 3,534 Votes)
- No, I hesitate about such a move. (7%, 2,472 Votes)
- No, this would be a really bad idea. (5%, 1,874 Votes)
- I don't care. (5%, 1,715 Votes)
Total Voters: 35,450Loading ...
Does an all-male sanctuary foster vocations to the priesthood? BIS
- Yes. (I am male.) (59%, 6,021 Votes)
- Yes. (I am female.) (31%, 3,127 Votes)
- No. (I am male.) (7%, 681 Votes)
- No. (I am female.) (3%, 355 Votes)
Total Voters: 10,186Loading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- PARIS – Day 3: Winged Edition
- VIDEO: Figuring out this pontificate
- It’s time to build camps! Dangerous illegal immigrants invading!
- 22 Jan 2015 – Washington DC – Pontifical Mass for Nellie Gray, March for Life
- PARIS – Day 1 & 2: at a snail’s pace
- Seal of Confession holds even after penitents die
- JUST TOO COOL: Who knows what happens to your lost stuff!
- A brief glance at articles analyzing the Pope Francis and Card. Burke saga
- My View For Awhile: R&R trip
- WDTPRS – 33rd Ordinary Sunday: thoughts on the “sign of peace”
- Days after 2014 Synod closes, CDF responds to question on absolution for civilly remarried
- How the ‘c’atholic liberal media will smear Bishops who uphold moral teachings
- Card. Sarah: Worst discrimination against poor is not to give them God
- MAGISTER: “words and gestures left purposely vague”
- Francis. He puzzles me sometimes.
- More reasons to by Mystic Monk Coffee and to shun Starbucks
- Rite of Exorcism approved in English
- Fr. Michael Rodríguez – UPDATE
- ACTION ITEM! Online Support for Card. Burke! – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: Tactical Clerics
- Glorious Roman church eye-candy
- The knives that were out for Card. Burke, are now being sharpened for…
- Dominican Sisters’ new CD: The Rosary
- VIDEO: Pontifical Mass in St. Peter’s
- Is this building a… ?
- ASK FATHER: Sick at home in bed movie list
- RNS smear of Card. Burke
- URGENT PRAYER REQUEST
- Thank you, Veterans.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
I am grateful for recent donations and thoughtful gifts, from:
NOVEMBER - DM (monthly), MF (monthly), NF (monthly), MG (monthly), NL (monthly), HE!, MD, TB, SAS!, LL (monthly), DP (monthly), DS (monthly), ID&EA (monthly), LC (monthly), MJM (monthly), LM (monthly), TT (monthly), MMcG (monthly), AK (monthly), SC, AM (monthly), BR (monthly), BS (monthly), MO'B (monthly), FACdaS, RL (monthly), WMR (monthly), CK (monthly), LS (monthly), CO'C (monthly), JH (monthly), CB (monthly), EK (monthly), MC, ST (monthly), NA (monthly), CB (monthly), JG (monthly), RMcE (monthly), DE (monthly), JB (monthly), SS!, BS (monthly), DN (monthly), PL (monthly), MMcE, DDeC (monthly), TB (monthly), KE (monthly), RPF (monthly), BB (monthly), CT (monthly), NH (monthly), AR (monthly), MK (monthly), MC (monthly), J-AF (monthly), DR, MJN (monthly), CRN (monthly), PO (monthly), SC (monthly), JE (monthly)
To set up a recurring, monthly donation (even a small one) go to the bottom of this blog and look for the drop down menu! Some donations also come through Chase/Manhattan (if you don't like PayPal).
I remember benefactors in my prayers and periodically say Mass for your intention.
I invite you to subscribe to a monthly donation.
Additional Food For Thought
“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
What people say…
"the great Father Zed, Archiblogopoios"
"some 2 bit novus ordo cleric"
"Father John Zuhlsdorf is a crank"
- Michael Sean Winters
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Food For Thought
“Men are qualified for civil liberty in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their own appetites. . . . Society cannot exist unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters.”
Our Lady of the Clergy, Pray for us!