A well known, profitable web web content company is looking for a Chief Operating Officer / General Manager to take over running and managing the business. The COO / GM role will include P/L responsibility for the entire business.
While we can't reveal our name here ...you have probably heard of us. We operate one of the 150 most visited websites in the world
. We are profitable and growing rapidly. We are financially stable and will continue expanding during this economic downturn. We are located in Menlo Park, California.
This is a COO / General Manager position for one of the most popular websites on the internet. The person who takes this job will essentially be running the entire business and will have ultimate P/L responsibility and manage all employees of the business. You will be the only person reporting to the CEO.
Some of the areas we will expect you will have responsibility over include:
* Profit and loss responsibility for the entire company
* Engineering - While you don't need to code, you will be managing the engineering team.
* Advertising / Sales - We generate revenue by selling advertising on our website.
* Design / User experience
* Business development / Partnerships
* Accounting / Treasury
* IT / Operations
* Product development - You will share responsibility with the CEO for new product development.
* Many other areas.
Ideal Candidate Background:
The ideal candidate has:
* Worked at one or two early stage startups at the VP level or higher. Your record will demonstrate that you were THE franchise player in your startup team.
* Worn many hats and played many roles in the early stage of a startup. The COO role requires a wide diversity of skills and domain experience.
* Prefers getting hands dirty and doing things as opposed to only delegating. This company has a very lean team, your ability to delegate will be limited by staffing constraints.
* Very, very smart. A thought leader on company strategy.
* Deep understanding of the Web, SEO, social media, and online communities.
* A history of success and achievement across multiple domains and jobs.
- Compensation: Competitive
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.