Hide Folder 2009
Posted By : tinyappz | Date : 09 Mar 2009 10:32 | Comments : 2
Hide Folders® 2009 - Hide, lock and password protect your private files and folders from other users.
Hide Folders 2009 is an innovative software application which enables you to password protect all the private information on your hard drive. You can make your files and folders inaccessible, invisible or protect them from modification. The protected folders or files are not accessible by any users - no matter how they are trying to get in - locally or from the net. Effective protection mechanism, intuitive user interface, and set of fine-tuning options will suit the needs of everyone from novice Windows users to computer experts. Since 2001, our Hide Folders software products help our users to hide private files and folders from prying eyes.
Features and benefits
* Effective protection methods allow you to hide folders out from users and applications in Microsoft Windows XP and Windows Vista
* Nobody but you will access your hidden folders.
* 4 protection methods available: Hide, Lock, Hide & Lock, Read Only
* NTFS, FAT32 and FAT volumes are supported.
* File masks support.
* Unlimited number of folders can be protected at the same time.
* Trusted processes support - processes which are permitted to access the protected data.
* No file system structure modifications will occur.
* Effective password protection when running program.
* Effective password protection when uninstalling program.
* Removing Hide Folders 2009 folder from the system will not uncover hidden folders.
* Files from hidden folders will not be lost even if someone tries to remove an upper-level folder.
* Clear recent documents option. Hide Folders 2009 clears records of recently accessed documents if these documents reside in the hidden folders.
* Clear Recycle Bin items originally located in hidden folders.
* Secure Hide Folders 2009 by removing itself from the list of mostly used programs (Windows start menu).
* Secure Hide Folders 2009 by removing itself from Add/Remove software Control Panel applet.
* Hide Folders 2009 will not hide your Windows, Windows System folders and Windows partition root folders - so careless using of Hide Folders 2009 would not bring the system down.
* True stealth mode - you cannot detect the program with Windows Task Manager.
* Safe mode support - The folders can be hidden even if your computer is running in safe mode.
* Hot keys to manage basic Hide Folders 2009 functions.
* Command line support of all main Hide Folders 2009 functions.
* Support of folders named with national language symbols .
* Hide Folders 2009 is multilingual software, its user interface supports different languages and can be easily translated to new languages.
* Intuitive and extremely easy-to-use user interface with visual styles support.
Difference from internal Windows data protection features
A lot of advanced users believe that Hide Folders 2009 (as well as any other third party folder protection software) is useless because Windows has integrated file and folder lock features.
Well, indeed, you can lock folders with Windows XP/Vista and this folder will be inaccessible by the other (unauthorized) users. But there are some annoying limitations that you should be aware of:
1. Windows allows you to lock files and folders on NTFS volumes only. FAT and FAT32 are not supported.
2. It is impossible to hide folder or file with standard Windows facilities. Only file and folder lock is possible.
3. There is no way to make folder invisible but accessible which is helpful for different security tasks like logging, private data recording, backing up etc.
4. A system administrator can easily get access to the locked folders and files.
5. Windows XP home edition doesn't have a user interface to protect files and folders.
6. There is no files and folders password protection in Windows (except the password you provide during Windows logon) - as soon as an authorized user authenticate himself by logging on, s/he get access to the protected files and folders. If you share your account with the another users then you can't exploit Windows folder protection features.
Protection modes: Hide folder, Lock folder, Hide & Lock folder, Read Only
Hide - When you enable protection, the protected file or folder will not be visible to a user, but it will be possible to access it if you know the path to the object. This may be helpful when you want to hide application folders but allow to run the applications from these folders. E.g. you may hide Hide Folders 2009 application folder so nobody will know about it, but if you type from the command prompt "C:Program FilesHide Folders 2009hf.exe", Hide Folders 2009 will run.
Lock - the protected file or folder will be visible but not accessible. It is similar to built-in protection of Windows NT-based operating systems on NTFS volumes. You can not use this protection method for Windows, System and Hide Folders 2009 application folders.
Hide & Lock - The protected file or folder will not be visible to a user and it will not be possible to access them. You can not use this protection method for Windows, System32 and Hide Folders 2009 application folders.
Read only - You can access the protected files and folders, but you cannot modify them. If you protect folder contents (using asterisk wildcard), you cannot copy files into the folder.
No protection - If you choose this method, your file or folder will remain unprotected.
Get Free trial of Hide Folders 2009 now!
Sometimes you may want some "trusted" applications have access to the protected data. This may be helpful for antivirus and backup software. Hide Folders 2009 lets you set a list of trusted processes that have an unlimited access to the protected files and folders.
New password protection mechanism
It is very easy to protect files and folders with a password. Just specify your own password for opening Hide Folders 2009 and nobody but you will access your hidden files and folders! This password also protects Hide Folders 2009 from unauthorized uninstall. Unlike previous versions of Hide Folders software, it's impossible to reset the password using third-party tools.
Stealth mode - Hide a folder and nobody will know about it
It is possible to remove all the tracks of Hide Folders 2009.
When Hide Folders application is not running, hidden files and folders are invisible anyway. Moreover, you can remove your Hide Folders 2009 application folder and the hidden files and folders will stay invisible. Fantastic?! Just try it - it's free!
When you quit Hide Folders, it can clear links to protected files from My Recent Documents folder, clear Recycle Bin file and folders that were protected before deletion and remove Hide Folders application from the mostly used programs list.
Moreover it is possible to hide uninstall information about Hide Folders 2009 software and hide folders even in Windows Safe mode.
Visual styles to change look and feel.
Hide Folders Visual Styles
We beleive that modern software products must have not only friendly user interface, but also an attractive look. Hide Folders 2009 allows you to change look and feel of the program and adjust it in accordance with your own preferences.
As flexible and advanced as you want it to be
During the development process of Hide Folders 2009 we discussed and considered every detail. Our users offered some of them, so we made the program as flexible as it was possible:
* You can assign hot keys to basic Hide Folders 2009 actions.
* You can set a list of programs which are allowed to access the protected data.
* You can protect files by mask (e.g. protect only HTML files on your computer).
* You can change the default behavior of standard Microsoft Windows actions (Close window, minimize window).
* You can add Hide Folders 2009 into Windows Explorer context menu to hide and lock a file or folder easy even when the program in not running.
* Hide Folders 2009 is Windows Desktop search aware.
* Hide Folders 2009 is multilingual software – it can be easily translated into new languages.
* Command line options allow to use Hide Folders 2009 from other software, scripts etc.