What inspires you? We all have different answers to this question. At times, I find it so valuable to reflect on those exceptional glimpses of influence and action that give me more moxie.
Inspiration can encourage us and enhance our lives. It can make the impossible seem possible. It can help us to overcome fears and it can kick start our creativity.
While I am not religious, I have always had this optimistic notion that we all have something to offer the world. It can be one monumental act or daily, simple consistencies which brightens up others' days ... but there is no denying that everyone has something important and beautiful to share.
I made a list of some of my inspirations:
- Inner Beauty: It seems that some in our society idolize people based on superficial attributes, like money, possessions, beauty, or fame. But I doubt that any of these characteristics really add any substance when it comes to what matters underneath it all. I find that inner beauty, kindness, and sincerity are much more meaningful and inspiring.
- Nature: The grandeur and phenomena of nature is beyond amazing to me. After long days at my desk, nothing relaxes me more than just stepping out on my front porch and admiring the sky, watching the birds in the trees, seeing my cat roll around in the grass, or looking at the stars. Really paying attention to the vast scenery and elements that nature has to offer is extraordinary, not to mention FREE.
- Art: This is one form of inspiration which I feel extremely lucky to have so much of around me. Whether it is gorgeous tattoo work, paintings by friends, lowbrow artwork at a gallery, photography on sites that I dig, illustrated pages in books, jewelry creations, graffiti and street art, and the list goes on & on... artistic inspiration can always make me sigh and smile.
- Music: Oh music, how I love you so. The art of sound; the rhythms, melodies, harmonies, and beats that fill up my days are beyond inspiring. Music is my muse and I often ponder just how much music there is to listen to (and lack of hours in one lifetime) to enjoy it all.
- Love: What can warm your heart and inspire your life like love? The comforting hug of the person who lights up your life; a kind smile and kiss when you need one the most; the butterflies that flutter when you know they will be there soon. Love conquers all. Love is inspiring.
- Words: It's no mystery that words give me great inspiration. In poems, in books, in letters, in emails, in magazines, in CD inserts, in newspapers, in life ... words captivate and inspire me. I love putting words together and I adore reading how others express themselves through the little units of language that we call words. Endless inspiration indeed.
We all need inspiration in our lives. Acknowledge it, embrace it, and inspire others TODAY!
What inspires YOU? Be general, be specific...tell us what makes you tick.