Our most recent guest comment...
"Thank you Mark being such a great host and having such a wonderful home away from home. I am the single person staying in the "Honeymoon Cottage!" It is beautiful and peaceful. I have been fortunate to have had georgeous weather as well. I have hiked a lot of the trails on Kauai so this time I did a lot of walking by the house and nearby vicinity while I was here. It was always very quiet with spectacular views everywhere. This has been a wonderful vacation!"
Mary Taylor, Traverse City, Mi (2/13/09)"
This exceptional Kauai vacation rental property was featured in National Geographic Adventure Magazine in Feb. 2006
, the L.A. Times Online Travel Magazine
, as well as Fodor's and Lonely Planet Kauai travel guides. We have recently been named one of Hawaii's top ten most romantic hotels
by Gayot Travel Guide
(Gayot Travel Guide was first published in 1981 by Andre Gayot
) The Gayot Guide was first published as a restaurant guide in direct competition to the famous Michelin Guide but has since grown to become "The Guide to the Good Life".
Staying at River Estate just might be one of the finest natural Hawaiian vacation experiences you'll ever have. Our strong repeat customer base says it all...Once you visit the Guest House at River Estate you'll never want to leave!
The ultimate romantic Hawaiian vacation experience! Absolutely nothing like it on Kauai. If you're looking for a wonderful alternative to resort lodging
this is it! Our strong repeat customer base says it all! Once you visit River Estate you never want to leave!
These images accurately reflect what you'll find here...
Visit our Website... The Guest House at River Estate.
Check for your dates... Availability Calendar
View the Guest House at River Estate from the air... Aerial Image.
Check out the Relation of the house to the surrounding area on the Google Earth image... Google Map Image
Newly Remodled in Immaculate Condition
No Mold or Mildew Anywhere
Air Conditioning Throughout
Ceiling Fans and Natural Ventilation
Ultra Seclusion and Privacy
Exceptional North Kauai Location
Close to the Beach, Stores and Dining
Spectacular Riverfront Garden Setting
Pristine Secluded Natural Environment
Paddle to the Beach and Back
Complimentary Beach Gear Provided
Hotel Grade Bath Towels, Hand Towels and Wash Cloths
400 Thread Count Linnens
Flat Panel TVs, DVD Players, Cd Player With iPod Dock
CD Collection (Many Music Styles)
DVD collection (Includes most movies filmed on Kauai)
Hardwood and Chinese Slate Floors
Wireless Broadband Internet Throughout
Completely Outfitted Gourmet Kitchen
New Kitchen Appliances and Cooking Utensils
High Quality Bali Furniture and Artwork
New Living Room Furniture
Washer/Dryer - Gas BBQ
2 Bedroom - 2 Bath (King/Queen)
Free Long Distance Calls
Your Host is Nearby to Help 24/7
We have discounted the dates of April 1-5, May 19-23 and June 24-27. Email or call us about them. 800-390-8444 We like to fill our calendar....
We'll also discount stays of 10 days or longer any time of year except Thanksgiving and Christmas.
We'll also be glad to offer any advice or recommendations on anything related to Kauai to anyone needing help. Having lived here for 38 years we more than likely will be able to offer assistance in many areas of information relating to island activities, points of interest to visitors on Kauai and throughout the islands as well as offering an in-house full service travel agency. Please feel free to email or call concerning car rentals, activities or accommodations on other islands.
This just might be one of the finest natural Hawaiian vacation experiences you'll ever have! If you're looking for an alternative to resort lodging this could the place your dreams of the perfect Hawaiian getaway come true.
Recent Guest Comments...
*We are on our honeymoon and really needed a relaxing vacation. I don't want to leave! This house is wonderful and I am so glad my husband chose the Guest House at River Estate. I never unpack when I travel but as soon as I walked into this house I unpacked everything and hid my luggage. The house is very homey and quite comfortable. It is also in a great location. After taking a road trip to the south side of the island I knew this was the place for us. You get more of a feel of the island here. Not as touristy and way more laid back. We couldn't ask for more. Today is our last day and I can't wait to come back. I can't wait to tell my friends and family about this house and it's perfect location. Thank you Mark for your hospitality and having such a wonderful place for us to visit.
Angie and David Allemana, Chandler, Az (1/22/2009)
*Sweet Mercy this is a wonderful island and property! River Estate is a wonderful respite from the rest of the world. Serene, well appointed and secluded. This is the best Guest House we've ever stayed in. Thanks Mark! And thanks to all the previous guests that have added their little bit of Kokua to the house.(Ed note "Kokua" is the Hawaiian word for help) Get a little, give a little. It's a wonderful way to remember Hawaii Markeekanholeo - the Host of Hawaii!
Tanya and Aaron Ditschun, San Diego, Ca (12/6/2008)
* Pristine beyond compare. Nothing compares to the beauty of the north shore of Kauai! Our stay, albeit short, was magical. It's nice to have Mark's retreat after a day of exploring. Markeekanholeo - the Host of Hawaii!
Steve and Suzanne Stebbins, Galt, Ca (11/2008)
* Our week at the River Estate was truly an unforgettable and phenomenal experience! The north shore is by far our favorite. Nothing quite compares to it's awe and splendor. Your guest house is beautiful. We loved the space and location. Here we felt so relaxed as it did really feel like home. Thanks for your hospitality and helping to make our honeymoon a very special and memorable event of a lifetime!
Adam and Lisa Morgan, Glastonbury, Ct (10/2008)
* Mahalo Mark for a beautiful house in which to spend our vacation. This is our second visit to Kauai and second time staying here in your house. We came here for the first time last July and completely fell in love...with each other, with the island and with the wonderfully secluded location here at River Estate. This time we had an even more amazing vacation. I didn't think we could top last year but we did. It was all very memorable and we can't wait to come back next year!
Jack and Veronica Matfield, Fullerton Ca (9/2008)
* We had such a great time here! We loved the sound of the river. We read the other remarks from the guests in your guest book and agree with most all of them! All in all we're thankful that you encouraged us to stay on the north side of the island.
Ted and Katie Sheffield, Seattle, Wa (8/2008)
* To say that this place is amazing is to come up short. We can only hope that Mark keeps this slice of paradise available for many years to come. To the new guests read through the comments of prior visitors and you cannot go wrong! Most important...Enjoy yourself, your partner and have the courage to let go!
Lewis and Marilyn Olmstead, West Palm Beach, Fl (7/2008)
* Thank you so much! We loved everything and couldn't have chosen a better place for our first tropical island vacation. It was magical and relaxing, breathtakingly beautiful and peaceful all at the same time...
Kalina and Marian Berova, Toronto, Canada (7/2008)
- Location: Between Hanalei/Haena-Botanical Gardens
- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests