Careers at Roohit
Roohit Inc. is an exciting new startup with HUGE dreams and aspirations.
What we do:
Rooh.it is an uber-simple web curation tool that simplifies Saving and Sharing while using the familiar mnemonic of a yellow-highlighter pen. This is a billion dollar opportunity that we are chasing.
Common Required Traits:
We are looking for team players with a good head on their shoulders.
- First and foremost we seek intelligence and excellent communication skills.
- We are looking for people that have a desire to change the world and make it a better place (no we are not just paying lip service!); and in the process, end-up making a LOT of money for themselves. After all, it's not every day that one gets the opportunity to get in on the "ground floor" of a company with products used by (tens of) millions of users.
- We are also looking for people that can hit the ground running. The type of people that have a desire to learn will do exceptionally well. The amount of learning (experience) that this company provides to it's employees is unparalleled.
- We practice an open-door policy: everyone in the company has an opinion, and we want to hear it. We are not looking for "yes sir, yes sir, three bags full."
- Contrarian view points are healthy and encouraged.
1. Engineering leader:
- MUST be a hands-on developer with the ability to architect as well as write code.
- Should intimately understand "how things work" on the web. We will present you with (seemingly) revolutionary ideas, and you should be able to wrap your head around them and come up with simple/clean/elegant solutions.
- Ideally have experience building products for consumers / tens of millions of users.
We care for skills not experience. Be good, very good at what you do and we don't care for how many years of experience you have. We do like (engineering) degrees though.
- Ability to think outside the (cliched) box. Apply simple world common sense solutions to complex engineering problems.
- An obsession with simplicity, scale and efficiency.
- Be in love with the product/idea. Don't just be here for the money, and certainly not doing a 'job.'
- Quick & impatient
2. LAMP developer:
Expert level skills on LAMP stack in at least one of the following technologies:
We care for skills not experience: be good, very good at what you do and a lack of experience won't hold you back. However, we do like (engineering) degrees.
- Self-directed with the ability to independently design systems: database schemas/tables, web-pages, server code and visualize/understand how the various components will interact with each other, as well as what, effect these new system will have on the existing system.
- Loves the fact that what s/he is building is going to be used by tens of millions of users (and therefore thinks in that level of scale when coding anything).
- Loves to code: passion for building 'cool things'.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Quick. nimble & super-efficient
3. Marketing leader:
Creative individual with expertise in Products & Communications. Will be responsible for:
- Product Specifications, design
- Language, blog, media out-reach, Social media
- Strategic Partnerships, and
- Managing team(s)
- Must have past experience with PR campaigns, and product marketing
- MUST be hands-on.
- Penchant for getting more for less.
- Guerilla marketing, and viral marketing expertise.
- Will be exposed to lots and lots of creative ideas: should have the ability to prioritize and execute on multiple ideas/concepts. Take the ones with the most bang-for-the-buck and enhance those.
- Did we say you must be HANDS-ON with everything? You have to lead your team by example.
- Milk Social media. With everyone else trying to do the same, be able to prove why your strategies will stand out from everyone else's.
- Will be responsible for maintaining, enhancing, and improving a FAMILY of inter-related products.
- Open-minded, team player that is willing to learn from other's success and be inspired from them while still innovating on one's own.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to h-i-r-i-n-g-NO-DASHES@this-domain.com :)